Meet Bianca Sass & Winter Smize... We are two best friends in our late twenties - moved from the STL to the OC- Grab yourself a cocktail and join us in our hilarious, unpredictable adventures in sunny SoCal.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

R.I.P Mr. DirRty Martini,


We are sad to report as the “mothers” of Mr. DM that he came to his plunging death on 08/13/2010…Hi glass was last cleaned by his mother Bianca before she left town for St. Louis on 8/10/2010. On Friday morning at approximately 6:23 AM, I (Winter) came down to feed DirRty before I left for work that day. I noticed that he was oddly jumping at the rim of the glass much like he was wishing there was a rim of salt for him to lick…I advised MR. DM that although Bianca and I love a good margarita too, he lived in a Martini glass and salt with a martini was just plain gross. I sprinkled his orange flakes of food at the top of the water and waved good bye. Sadly, I did not know that when I closed the door behind me that morning, I was closing the door on his life. We would never see him happily swimming in that glass ever again.

Ironically at 7:30PM I walked in from having margaritas at happy hour and went to the kitchen to cook up some dinner. Being a lil’ tipsy, and since Bianca was not there to talk to, I spoke out loud to Mr. DM, “What is that foul smell?” I proceeded to take out the trash, nope the smell was still there...I ran the garbage disposal…nope smell still there. I went to light a candle and peered over to the Martini glass; that’s when I noticed strange white fog in the water like I had never seen before. DiRrty’s pigment looked dull; he no longer sparkled or glistened his usual bright blue. I flicked the glass to get my little boy jumping, but he laid still at the bottom. I then shook the glass, the water sloshed, and nothing. I finally took the end of a scrubbing brush and tenderly poked at him….No response. Jesus, Mary and Joseph…I laid my head on the counter, reached for my cell phone, and called in the time of death to his other Mother, Bianca Sass.

Bianca took the news as well as any mother of a water-child could. Thankfully she was already sitting down when I had to break the tragic news. We discussed how we had just shared with the world the importance of having an aquatic baby in our life. We reminisced about the simply joy he brought us and how we couldn’t have asked for a better beta ….there was a moment of silence. Then, alone, I scooped him up in the net, placed him into a plastic cup, played my ipod for some ceremony music, and marched the cup upstairs to the burial grounds. It was there I dropped Mr. DirRty Martini into the clean toilet bowl, said my final goodbyes, and pressed the burial button ever so gently. I have never been more moved by a toilet…and there in the porcelain bowl, DiRrty took his final swim.

  Rest in Peace MR. DirRty Martini 2/2010 – 8/13/2010

May your life be filled with stiff drinks and strong men, Mr. DM you will be missed.
Bianca & Winter

2 comments:

  1. Mr.DM....although you lived a short life, it was a full one...you changed the lives of your mothers....their glass will forever be half empty....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allie for posting a memo in his sad and short Obituary ....until the next adoption.

    ReplyDelete